Tuesday 29 December 2015

The Thrills of High School Reunions


The Thrills of High School Reunions

Many at times in life, we start to miss the people with whom we have shared the better part of lives.
We tend to miss the same people whom we used to detest when we were with them,We miss the guys whom we fought with when we were in high school,We start to miss the same girl who used to rat us out to our form mistress for noise making or for disturbing her.We tend to miss the same guy who snatched our high school heartthrob from you.We begin miss the same girl who insulted us in front of your peers just because you wanted to date her.
We even miss the same people who called us “loser” both when you were looking and behind your back.We also miss the girl who was definitely our first crush in life and so on.
The question now is why do we miss them(even the horrible ones)?
We miss them because they were all part of that important moments in your life.They were all there to share in your joy, sorrows and sadness, even though they might have caused some,We miss them because the impact they had on our lives were great enough to make you a stronger person.We miss them because without them, our lives would have taken a wrong turn.We miss them because they made us strong enough to withstand the harshness of the world we met after high school.We miss them because in as much as we try not to admit it, they are part of us and we are part of them.
The friends we made during those periods later became our allies as life went on, they later became the ones we could trust wholeheartedly and not get disappointed.

The enemies we made during these periods also became the people who we could trust to criticize our works in a way that even our friends couldn’t, thereby helping us become the best.

The ones whom we couldn’t get really close to later became the people who supported and cheered us on as we pursued our goals in life.

I don’t really know why am writing this but all I know is that the guys I spent my high school with, were the best and nothing less and they helped make me a better person.

The Thrills of High School Reunions
MCCN class of 2K10
The girls taught me how to treat a woman and although I gave them lots of troubles, am really glad I met them..
Today my good people, PharoahSays you should endeavor to keep in touch with the people who helped make you a better person and never be among the ones that says “we drifted apart” or “we lost touch” because losing them is the same as losing an important part of your life.

I task every one of you today, contact at least 5 of your high school classmates and just say Hi.

As for me, high school reunion on Tuesday which is tomorrow and though am not yet sure if I’d make it, am really excited and happy.


I’ll try my best though, so wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment